When golfing in the Philippines, it’s hard to go wrong where you play, just as long as you get to play. But with so many courses to choose from, one of the first things to consider is whether you want to play at a public course or a private course. To help you in your decision, we created a list to highlight the main features of both to help you choose the one that fits your needs the best.
Philippine Public Courses
When it comes to where you golf, public courses seem a lot less ideal than playing at a private course. Nobody travels all the way to another country just to play at a public course. But they should definitely not be overlooked. While it is not always the attractive choice, there are many benefits that public courses can offer that could make it the right one for you:
• Less expensive than a private course
• No membership required
• Usually more conveniently located in the city
• Available most days of the week
• Will cater to all standards of players
• Easier to book
• Usually not as well-managed/maintained as private golf courses
• Amenities are not as nice as a private course
• Crowded courses
• If alone, might be added onto another flight.
• Courses can be a little too easy
Philippine Private Courses
Private courses should be the top choice for those who want to have the best possible golf experience the country has to offer. Many golfers don’t get the chance to play at these courses as they are usually reserved only for more elite and privileged golfers. But there are reasons why not everyone can afford to play there:
• Top notch amenities and service
• Well maintained course with scenic views
• Interesting architecture and course layouts
• Less crowded
• Intimate atmosphere
• Quality dining facilities
• Requires expensive monthly/annual membership fees
• More expensive than public golf courses
• Limitation of play
• Usually requires a commitment to become a member
From reading the list, each type of course has its benefits. If you’re looking for a quick and convenient round that won’t set you back too much, then public courses seem to be the right choice. But if you are looking for the best possible golf experience, we highly recommend checking out a private course.
Finally, you now have access to both public and private courses through our services at GolfPH. Book your tee time or inquire here.
GolfPH is the #1 golf website in the country with the main goal of promoting the sport in the Philippines. We plan to do that by making golf as easy, accessible, and stress free as possible for you – the golfer. With that said, whether you prefer private or member, it doesn’t matter! You now have the choice!
Want to read more? Check out the links below