How many golf courses in the Philippines have you played at?
Think about that for a bit. In a moment i’ll give you a way to figure that out… but here’s another question to ponder.
Have you ever tried planning a golf trip for you and your buddies?
Vietnam, Hong Kong, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore… It ain’t cheap.
In fact, even if you were to fly out to those areas, you would be limited to a handful of public golf courses to choose from.
1) Price – Compared to the rest of Asia, golf is actually pretty cheap here. (in HK, Singapore, Taiwan, Korea, Japan a round of golf at a comparable course can easily go for 7-15k)
2) Golf Accessibility – In the Philippines, we have over 99 golf courses to choose from and over 30 in the metro manila alone that are driving distance.
If you were to listen to what our foreign golf guests say after visiting the Philippines, it’s always along the lines of “we’re lucky to be here”.
Why else would you want to play anywhere else?
So for this coming new year in 2015, I challenge you to take advantage of being in one of the top Golf Destinations of all of Asia.
– Take a drive up north to Clark, or down south to Batangas.
– Plan a trip and visit the beautiful courses in Bacolod or Cagayan De Oro.
– Make this the year that you really truly experience golf in the Philippines.
That’s what I’m going to do.
As of writing this entry, I’ve counted a total of 26 courses that I have played at.
Here’s my list:
Army Golf Club
Ayala Greenfield Golf and Leisure Club
Camp Aguinaldo Golf Club
Canlubang Golf & CC – South Course
Canyon Woods Golf Course
Club Intramuros Golf Course – Day
Eagle Ridge Golf and Country Club – Andy Dye
Eagle Ridge Golf and Country Club – Norman Course
KC Filipinas Golf Club
KC Hillcrest Hotel and Golf Club
Manila Southwoods Golf & Country Club – Legends Course
Manila Southwoods Golf & Country Club – Masters Course
Mount Malarayat Golf and Country Club
Navy Golf Club
Royal Northwoods Golf & Country Club
South Forbes Golf Club
Southlinks Golf Club
Summit Point Golf Club
Sun Valley Golf Club
The Orchard Golf & Country Club – Palmer Course
The Orchard Golf & Country Club – Player Course
The Riviera Golf & Country Club – Couples Course
Valley Golf & Country Club – South Course
Veterans Memorial Golf Club
Villamor Golf Club
Wack Wack Golf & Country Club – West Course
My Big Audacious Goal of 2015 is to play at 40.
I challenge you too.
What’s your goal?
If anyone wants to join me on my quest to 40, feel free to email me at [email protected] or comment below.