This summer, GolfPH once again invites you to experience another exciting game of golf as we hold our 2nd Annual Golf Tournament at the championship course of Wack-Wack Golf and Country Club. The tournament kicks off on April 25, 2013 at 8:00am.
Get ready to go for long drives and face undulating greens as you hit the fairways of Wack-Wack’s West Course. This 6,540-yard all-weather championship course, with its tricky and well-laden hazards would surely require more than just luck to overcome.
To make the game more exciting, we will be implementing the Texas Scramble Format:
1. Each team will consist of 4 players.
- A late team partner may rejoin his team in between holes, but not during play of a hole.
- A team lacking a player may designate a team member to hit two balls in lieu of the absent player, providing that player carries the 2nd highest handicap of the team.
2. The delegated team captain selects the best tee shot and marks the position (within 6 inches) with a tee peg (not nearer the hole).
- Player whose ball was selected will play the next shot first. Other team members will alternately play their own ball within six inches of marked spot.( not closer to the hole)
- If selected ball to play from is in the rough or hazard, ball must be dropped not placed.
- This method of play will be followed until the green is reached.
- The same method applies on the green. The ball chosen is marked (with a coin or tee) by a putter head length. Players will alternately putt from spot.
- If that team member did not hole his putt, he/she must mark his/her ball from each position until ball is holed.
- If a player missed the putt but then inadvertently knocks ball into the hole, that score will be the final score for the hole (regardless if team mates have not putted yet)
3. All other rules of golf apply to the “Ball in Play” In particular please be aware of Rule 14.2. Team members are not allowed to position themselves on or close to an extension of the line of play or the line of putt behind the ball.
- A penalty of 2 strokes will be incurred for hitting the wrong ball in stroke play and losing the hole for match play.
For only P3,250, you get the opportunity to engage in a friendly golf competition with other GolfPH Members. You can also invite your friends to play for only P3, 650. The fee includes the green fee, lunch and golf cart. Plus, you also have a chance to participate in our raffle and win special prizes. However, if you and your golf buddies choose to be one of the early birds and send your payment on or before March 31, you get a discounted rate of P3, 000 (GolfPH Members and Non-Members).
Golf is more fun when you play it with other people, so register now and be part of this exciting tournament! For more details, send us an email at [email protected] or call us at (02) 625-4200 | 0906-510-4758 | 0923-422-8070
“P.S. If you would rather pay via bank deposit or cash and would like to reserve your tournament spot. Please send an email to [email protected] with your name, phone number and the list of the other players you would like to reserve spots for. Payment details will also be emailed to you within 24 business hours and would at most be received by March 31, 2013.”
Remember, after March 31, the tournament fee is back to its original price of 3,650PHP.
Be sure to invite your friends and register now!